FREE Work for Yourself@50+ Workshop; Tuesday, February 21 in Broken Bow
February 18, 2017
AARP Foundation’s Work for Yourself@50+ workshops help low- and moderate-income adults age 50+ gain the knowledge, support, and resources they need to make informed decisions and take the right first steps toward successful self-employment. The 90-minute workshop will walk participants through the Work for Yourself@50+ materials and connect them with local resources to help them reach their goals.
The next workshop will be offered on Tuesday, February 21, from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm at the One Box Convention Center (2750 S. 27th Ave.) in Broken Bow.
The decision to start a business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps:
* A careful consideration of the potential and perils of working for yourself
* Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
* A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
* Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
* Ways to find trustworthy support and services
To learn more about Work for Yourself@50+, please visit aarpfoundation.org/workforyourself
Contact AARP Foundation at 888.339.5617 (toll free) to register for this exciting FREE workshop.
Work for Yourself@50+ is made possible through a grant from The Hartford.